Portmarnock AFC Guidelines for Schoolboy Parents
For attention of Schoolboy/Schoolgirl Parents
Portmarnock AFC Protocols regarding forming squads & moving players between different teams
- Portmarnock AFC’s policy at all schoolboy age groups is to play boys / girls in the team appropriate to their football ability and application. This is to ensure your child is – as best as possible - playing with kids of a similar ability so that they can develop their skills by getting more touches of the ball and feeling more involved in matches thus increasing their confidence and enjoyment.
- Your child is not guaranteed to always play with the same group of players from year- to- year or throughout a season; inter – squad moves will be determined by the section coaches but will always be done in as fair a manner as possible. We will review progress of players on a regular basis.
- It is important that you are aware of these protocols in advance of signing your son/daughter to Portmarnock AFC. If you do not agree with these protocols, it is recommended that you speak to your son/daughter’s team manager prior to signing.
We ask all our member parents to support the club by adhering to the points below.
- Ensure that your son or daughter arrives on time for training and matches and that safe arrangements are in place for getting him/her home immediately afterwards.
- Respect the managers’ rules regarding training days, training times and meeting times on matchdays.
- Respect the managers; if you have an issue you wish to discuss with them, please wait until after the match or training session and discuss out of earshot of all players.
- Please respect the club’s facilities, help to keep them clean and litter free.
- Support the club’s fund raising activities. We cannot improve and grow the club without the support of all our members.
- Ensure your child is registered on PAFC’s on-line system by the due date and that the registration fee is paid in full. Unregistered players cannot play or train for any of the club’s teams.
- Match Day Playing gear is as follows;
- O’Neill’s plain black socks and O’Neill’s black shorts with the PAFC crest.
- If club tracksuits have been purchased for the team, these should be worn up to the game.
- A plain black under-armour top can be worn under the jersey if required.
- Black gloves can be worn on cold days as can black leggings
- No hoodies are allowed to be worn under jerseys during matches
- Hats not to be worn during matches.
In addition to the correct shorts and socks, your child should have;
- Football boots for grass / astro runners for the astroturf pitch
- Shin pads
- Their own water bottle
Please ensure your child arrives on match day with the correct match-day gear.