Here are details of what's happening this month and the plan for the coming months:
2012 marks the 125th anniversary and the club endeavours to make this a memorable one for the club members and community. Here are the events planned:
• March 10th- John Morrison former Armagh/mayo/Cavan coach is holding a workshop in the blues field/clubhouse Saturday 10th march from 11am to 2 pm. This session is for all our coaches to give you some new and fresh ideas before the season starts. John is the leader in innovative coaching and will put some of our players through a practical session for coaches to observe. As this is aimed at all our coaches please try to make it. More info contact Colm 0879668752
• March 17th St. Patricks Day Parade
• April 14th 10am-12- The Blues welcome Sam Maguire- A morning with Sam in the Blues. A special treat will be in store for all. Get the cameras ready for some great pictures and a chance to see Sam up close and personal.
• April 14th - Annual sponsored cycle - 125km cycle to Hayes Hotel Thurles where the GAA was founded
• May - Photo Exhibition - Displayed in various locations in the town with the main display event unveiled on 12th July 2012 in the Clubhouse exactly 125 years to the day of the foundation of the Club.
JUNE & JULY
• June 22nd-24th Feile Peile U13 Juvenile Team of the year representing Louth in Laois/Offaly
• July 9th – 13th Cul Camp in the Blues
• June/July - There will be numerous fun days for the children over the summer months, along with coaching seminars for the mentors.
• July 12th- 15th Special events with exciting treats to be unveiled
• July 15th Sportsday
• September - 12.5km fun run taking in the sites of the Newtown Blues catchment area
• October - Exhibition Match
Dublin V Louth
• November 10th - Gala Ball to round off a memorable year of celebrations.
Keep up to date by checking out:
Newtownblues.ie or follow us on Facebook